Sunday, September 11, 2005

Do I have a Crystal Ball?

As I mentioned this morning, I thought that the result would be a 1 run game...and guess what the Yankees beat the Red Sox in a 1 run game. I did predict 2-1 for the Sox but my main prediction was that after a back-and-forth slop-fest for the Red Sox and Yankees the third game is always a 1 run affair.

If you were like me, you were screaming at the television in the 9th waiting for Rivera to give it up - close, but no cigar. I guess now we will have to go to regular baseball games.

It must really suck to pitch a career game with the most strikes in your career (11?) and still loose the game by a 1 run shut-out. In any case, Wake had a stellar game keeping the Yankees to a 1 run game. So did RJ, keeping the Sox to zip.

Wake's job today echoes my thought that he is one of the all time best Red Sox (at leasts modern era)...Again a topic I will pick up on another day.

1 Comments:

Blogger BostonDave said...

Born and bred Sox & Pats and raised a Celtics fan. Early on Bruins fan, however the recent strike has put me off hockey in general.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home